Sunday, August 30, 2009
Ok so Im going Raw
It is 11:44 pm and tomorrow I am starting a 100% raw food diet. I have been a vegetarian for about 6 months and a fat one at that.....I also have chronic Lyme disease. My main goal for going raw is getting my health back and any weight I lose will be a huge bonus. I grew up on the S.A.D (standard american diet) and sad it is....It wasn't until my illness with Lyme disease did i ever know what a pro biotic was or the difference between organic and non-organic, I lived on McDonald's and taco bell, I loved meat and soda and if it tasted good I would eat it. I didn't know about overuse of pharmaceuticals or clean water I had no idea about viruses or bacteria in the sense that I understand them now. Lyme disease has been a huge eye opener for me in so many ways and dealing with this illness has been lonely at times but always very personal and always leading me in a direction which has brought me here. I am as crazy as this sounds grateful for my illness and what it has taught me and the journey that I will now embark on is exciting for me I cant wait to see how the first 30 days go and the changes I will experience by changing my diet to raw food. I hope my experience will help others with Lyme disease see there is another way to regain their health and take control of this disease. I know this is going to be a bumpy ride to start but I invite you to share the journey with me hopefully to a healthier, happier me which will lead to a healthier and happier you. I will post my diet for the day and how i felt. What detox symptoms I experience in the beginning along with pictures hopefully as I transform. I will include great recipes, grocery lists staples in my raw diet. Great books I've read, supplements basically anything interesting or that I find to be helpful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Morgan, am very interested in your raw food challenge to Lyme. My son who is 23 was dx w LD last spring, has been sick for more than 8 y w/o accurate dx. He started supplement tx to boost immunity and has started on ab regime. He thinks RAW FOOD Diet is the ultimate answer. He is vegan at this point also does not eat wheat. He has lost 15 #'s in a year, now 138 lbs. As creative as I am with working VEGAN recipes, I'm lost with the whole RAW concept. Look forward to your blogs
ReplyDelete